30 Days of Rice Recipes -Thai Pineapple Curry Rice


Or...what to do with the rest of the cilantro. Seriously, one of my biggest pet peeves is buying an ingredient for a recipe and having the unused portion go to waste. This always seems to happen when I buy cilantro. Either I'm going to start growing my own or I'm going to make myself cook two recipes in a week. This leads me to the next recipe in the 30 Days of Rice Recipe challenge. Do you like curry? Do you like a little sweet and spicy kick to you rice? Try this recipe and let me know what you think. I added chicken, but this recipe would be just as good without it.

Thai Pineapple Curry Rice:

1 tbsp canola oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons chicken broth
1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 tsp Annie Chun's Korean Sweet & Spicy Sauce (Yes I know this is a Thai dish, but this is what I had on hand)
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2 cups cooked rice
1 can cubed pineapple, drained
1 cup cubed chicken cooked (optional)
1/4 cup frozen peas
2 green onions, sliced (optional)
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped

Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour canola oil in the bottom. Once oil has been heated, add garlic and stir fry until lightly brown. Add beaten egg and scramble. Add broth, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, sweet & spicy sauce, curry powder, and sugar. Stir well. Add almonds and stir fry for 10-30 seconds. Add rice and mix thoroughly. Stir fry for a few minutes. Add pineapple, peas, and chicken (optional). Stir fry until all ingredients are heated. Remove from heat and mix in onions and cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment