30 Days of Rice Recipes - Baked Brown Rice


So your rice cooker's broken... Seriously, those are not the words I want to hear with 27 days left to go for this 30 day rice challenge. One of the reasons I make so much rice now versus years past is because of my fabulous (slightly dented) rice cooker. If I didn't have it I would really be lost. But, what if I didn't have it? Then what? Well, ladies and gentlemen, how about baked rice? It seems like such a no brainer, but I had never really thought about making rice in the oven. Give it a try and see if this recipe works for you.

Baked Brown Rice
 1 1/2 cups brown rice
2 1/2 cups water
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Fill 8" square baking dish with rice. Place water, butter, and salt in saucepan and just bring to a boil.  Pour liquid over rice and stir. Cover baking container with lid or aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour then remove and fluff rice with a fork. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment