30 Days of Rice Recipes - Southwestern Rice


Day two and I'm ready to try a new rice dish!! Today's offering is a Southwestern Rice meal served with grilled chicken. Yum!! The best part? I had all the ingredients in my cupboard except the cilantro. Easy Peasy. Here's the recipe:

Southwestern Rice

1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Lemon
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
1 Can Beans (I chose black beans)
1 Can Corn
1 Large Tomato
Chopped Cilantro
3 Cups Cooked Rice (I used brown)

In a large bowl, combine olive oil, juice squeezed from 1/2 lemon, salt and chili powder. Mix together. Rinse and drain can of beans and can of corn. Dice tomato. Combine beans, corn, and tomato with previously mixed seasonings. Toss lightly. Add cilantro to taste. I like about 2 Tbsp, but my family prefers much less cilantro. Stir in rice and combined all ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment